Saturday, 2 July 2011
babies!!!!!!
I peeped into a conifer in our garden that has a nest in it, and found it has four lovely turquoise eggs, this was a few days ago. We were not sure if it was an old nest or not, so decided to leave the conifer alone (we were about to trim it when i thought i should check it first) I have been carefully looking in the tree most days and the eggs were still the same, but this afternoon I looked in and one had hatched, a tiny chick wriggling about in the nest. So I will keep an eye on it and hope the rest hatch safely and the babies eventually fly the nest, fingers crossed they will be ok. But I know nature will see to it one way or another. i can hear a bird chirping about that area so hopefully that is mum looking after her baby (s)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's great news! Have you seen the parents flying in and out of the tree? I wonder what they are?
ReplyDeleteHello Anne, I've come to visit via Foody's blog and as I love Scotland I'll going off to read some of your old posts.
ReplyDeleteI see you've just had an anniversary - 40 years! Congratulations! We are coming up to that in January.
We've also been to Canada and Alaska on the cruise. Lovely isn't it. We seem to have a bit in common.
Cheers
Helen
Hello Ann, I too have come over from Foody's to thank you for your comment on my blog and for adding your name to my list of followers. I am very flattered, as I tend to write a load of rubbish most days. You see I started, at the same time as Foody (two and a half years now) and I am beginning to 'dry up' a bit.
ReplyDeleteBut I do my best to entertain.
Cheers.....Bernard