Sunday, 24 July 2011

The fruits of our labour!

The 2 apple trees have produced these apples this year, last year there were about 4 which was enough to make an apple crumble. This year even better, plus when I went out to water the back garden after picking these ones I noticed 2 still on the tree. This will make a couple of small apple crumbles, and then they will go in the freezer. This is the first summer for the plumb tree we planted last year, no fruit which we didn't expect, but hopefully next year there will be some fruit from it. We bought more lavender this morning and I noticed the garden centre had more geraniums even lower priced than Friday when I bought 4 trays of 6 for £2 each, today they were £1 for 6, all they needed was a good watering, a snip off of the lower leaves that were withered and then out in to the garden, so that was my bargain for today. Lots of little shoots at the base of the plants so hopefully they will flourish.

3 comments:

  1. Human has just made some Damson jam. I have a damson tree in my field. I like eating the tree. There is a cooking apple tree in the stable yard, lots of blackberries and another damson tree. Human likes the free fruit they give out. I like eating the leaves. Everyone is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must be very early apples! July?! I look forward to apples, damsons and blackberries in September. Maybe blackberries in August since the spring was so warm. Oooh well, it's nice to have them whenever they come. Yummy apple crumble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I wish we had an apple tree! We do have oranges though ;-)

    ReplyDelete