My cousins were guests at their friend's wedding in the next town this afternoon, so I went along to have a nose(y). What a beautiful day for a wedding, the sun was out, no clouds to speak of and it was really warm watching from the sidelines. Now, I just LOVE hats and I was hoping the mother of the bride would NOT be wearing a fasinator (I am not a fan of them) every other female guest was wearing a
fasinator in some shape or form. I stood there thinking to myself "I like that outfit" or "I don't like that fasinator" But thankfully when the MOTB stepped from the car (looking beautiful) along with the bridesmaids, she was wearing a beautiful hat, hooray. I think I counted maybe 3-4 hats, all the rest were fasinators. The men were wearing tails which is not all that common in Scotland as it is usually the kilt, a few of the younger men did have on the kilt which looked so smart as well. As I went back to the church to see them come out after the ceremony I did notice 2 other cars go by with ribbons on them, so quite a few weddings in the area today. My "little" twin cousins in the photograph before the went in to the church, yes I know they are wearing fasinators.
When we lived in Troon a few years back, I went along to see the golfer Colin Montgomery attend a wedding in the town. The bride was marrying a guy from the Bahamas, or the bride may have been from the Bahamas I can't remember,but wow the men did look smart in their Burmuda shorts and black knee high socks, it looked so different but very smart.
That was my day, then a BBQ with hubby tonight. The sun is still out and lovely and bright. Supposed to be even better tomorrow, but we will wait and see!
I hat gal to Ann
ReplyDeleteThe MOTB looked stunning
What a glorious day xx
I wish hats and fasinators were in fashion over here!
ReplyDeleteI am not familiar with the term "fascinator" but after studying the picture of your twin cousins, I assume it is a bit of fluff made with ribbons and perched on the side of the head. Not sure what kind of base it has. But they looked very stylish and everything matched. "Different strokes for different folks" as they say over here.
ReplyDeleteGTlad you had great weather and a good time.
Love, Martha