Thursday, 21 July 2011

Pics taken from the window.

Lazy I know! but I took these from inside the house, this is the single gate (obviously) leading out on to the main road, this lavender hasn't been cut back in a few years so it has grown over the small wall we have leading down to the gate, but it smells lovely when you brush past it. I think this year I will trim it back a bit, I like the wild look of it so that is why I didn't cut it right back. A couple of years ago I cut some of the lavender and dried it, it is still in a vase. I may do some more this year. The other photograph is part of the garden to the right of the gate.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Anne,
    Your garden looks lovely. I love the smell of lavender so brushing against it as you come through the gate would be a lovely welcome. Hope the weather is treating you kindly.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice.I can just imagine the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann,

    What lovely gardens you have! I have never seen heather growing for real nor smelled it. But I like flower fragrances, so know I will like it.

    Lots of hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Lavender loves being cut back. I do mine every year. It comes back all the better for it. Yesterday I cut just the dead heads off to tidy it up a bit. I did think of hanging a bunch up indoors, but....I'm not really a 'Lavender person' I guess. Somewhere in my collection I have a song about a 'Lavender Cowboy'.
    Another old name for the 'gay boys' I assume.
    Cheers....B

    ReplyDelete