Are there any out there in blogland?
I have joined the local geocaching site, and another worldwide one.
I have bought and just waiting for my GPS to arrive (impatience here! hurry up!)
Do you know what Geocaching is? well in case you don't know, it's a modern day type of treasure hunt. I know there are a number of caches around this area but need my GPS to try and find them.
Although there is one in town I may be able to hunt it out without my GPS for now, so I will have a look tomorrow.
This place in town! I didn't even know it existed so I am looking forward to learning more about my home town and the surrounding area.
We were in York meeting up with friends who are geochachers and have been for a number of years, we did one with them in the city, everyone else was looking at the beautiful architecture but us 4! no we were looking at drain pipes! lol
I am often told I "need to get out more" lol so at least with geocaching i will be!
I should add (which i forgot to mention) that the caches are placed by other geocachers. :-)
oh that sounds intriguing Ann
ReplyDeleteLove to knwo what you come up with
mandi xx
xx
Ohhhhhh I have heard of that !!!! Sounds like fun Ann ... you know I heard about 4 people looking down drawinpipes in York it was on Scotland TODAY !!! LOL it actually sounds like a blast Ann !!!!
ReplyDeleteHi ya hun
ReplyDeleteoh never heard of that, sound like fun though, keep us posted, sue,x
geocaching is a GREAT way to get out. It can even bring you to locations in your citytown that you never knew were there.
ReplyDeleteIf you are interested - I have a geocaching ab on my blog as well as a bunch of geocaching blogs in my sidebar ;-)