Thursday, 21 October 2010

6 caches so far

We took a quick run to a place nearby this morning as I wanted to try a new cache that someone had hidden just recently, I went myself yesterday but no luck, I tried not to look too suspicious as the Asda buses and cars went by but no pedestrians except for one man picking up litter and another man who walked by. thank goodness i had some hedges to shield me from the car park!! what folk must have thought i was up to if they could see me, mind you i did look up to see a man sitting in his car facing where I was, oooooooooops so I just stood and looked at my gps for a while until they drove away. Do you think i am on every CCTV camera in the town ?
Anyway the run back there this morning was fruitful and at the last moment I noticed what I was searching for, to think I ran my hand along there yesterday but obviously not far enough along.
Anyway that is 6 so far, it is such good fun even though you do get funny looks at times. We were searching bushes in a local park last weekend and a lady passing by with her husband and dogs asked what we were doing but she was winding us up as she had heard of the sport, we had a laugh standing talking.

5 comments:

  1. Ann I am completely loving reading of your adventures !!! where you have taken to hanging out and lurking !! I know what I am getting you for christmas a pair of dark sun glasses and a dirty mack LOL !!! oh and a rose !!! or perhaps a hat with a bush on top and then you can blend in when you are lurking !!! you are as addicted to this as I am with my rubber LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you fiind in these caches then? Sweeties? Little cryptic notes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a little note pad sometimes a tiny roll of paper so that we can put in our name and the date of the find. Then we go online and log our find on the site. Today in one there were a number of tiny animal figures so I took out a fox and put in a giraffe, not all caches have things in them. Just fun to do and gets you to places in your area you ddn;t know exsisted, we found 2 today, I now carry small things with me for eg a key ring so sometime i may leave that if I take soething out, the rule is if you take out then you put something in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they buried? So you have to take a little spade or trowel with you? This is so intriguing. And you don't know the other people involved?
    Sorry about the 20 Questions. You didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition, did you? No. No one expects...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i don't mind the questions at all, they are hdden in trees, hanging in things, inside different thingsm and no we are not supposed to bury things. all that is in the caches is a log book we sign and date if there is a small item in it and we want to take it we can but we need to replace it with another item, I have taken a tiny frog and left a small giraffe or a keyring, nothing of value, we follow co-ordinates on the gps, they are all over the world, I have been out with someone else who was showing us the ropes, but so far haven't stubbled across any other geocachers at the same time. There is also a travel bug that has a unique number so if you take it you log it on tot he computer so it can be followed you then "plant" it in another cache and so on and so on.

    ReplyDelete