Saturday, 9 October 2010

How many out of 3 caches did I find?

A BIG fat ZERO !!

As we were having two new radiators installed today, hubby stayed in and i went out with my new toy. I searched and searched with no luck, (but found 2 new golf balls) thank goodness folk couldn't see where I was! right down at the rivers edge, but I didn't find the cache.
I went back home after missing 5 ! calls from hubby on my phone, I think he thought I had fallen into the river!
The men had finshed so I made them rolls and sausage for their lunch before they left. We tidied up a bit then decided to go in to Ayr to see if I could find another cache this time with the help of hubby, well there were 2 that we know of in town and guess what? we didn't find them either, we had decided to go along to M&S for their "Dine in for 2 for £10" huh they didn't have any? didn't see the signs in store or the remains of any so maybe they didn't do that this week, so we decided on fish suppers for tonight, saves cooking and we were able to get the house back to normal.
Tomorrow is coffee time in Ayr (we didn't make this mornings) so plan on trying to find one cache at least tomorrow (one of which we tried today to find), so that I can say I found one lol

2 comments:

  1. Ann,
    The sport you are doing is called Reconnoitering (sp?) Bill said that GPS's bought for the sport are usually only good for within 30 feet of where you are needing to find the cache. Military GPS's are good within 3 feet.

    But I am sure it will be excellent exercise and you will have a big bin of golf balls eventually. LOL! I have collected found golf balls for years. I put them in a plastic jar and used it as a baby toy that a little one can roll around. Some of those golf balls have been very unique. One was colored as the earth with the oceans and land masses matching the continents. It is pretty cool!

    Good Luck searching!

    Love and blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer!
    Make sure you first look for a Difficulty of 1 or 1.5 and the same for terrain! also look for a large sized one and you will have much better luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete