He dismantled most of the decking and lowered it, and then reduced it in size and this is what we have now. So much better to look at and does not take up as much of the garden as previous, we also now have more of a vegetable garden behind it. I wish I knew how to link to an old photo of the decking to show you, I see this often on blog's as in "click here" which is then highlighted. I will figure it out some time hopefully.
As you walk along the right hand side of the decking there is a new decking path leading to "Margaret's seat" this belonged to our elderely neighbour who died a couple of years after we moved here, we took the seat when they were breaking up the house and we gave a donation to a well project her son is involved in overseas. So this seat is referred to as "Margaret's seat". Those are minature apple trees and also rhubarb at their bases. Honeysuckle is planted at the base of the fence you can just see it at the far arm of the seat. This fencing came down last winter when we were in Australia, the fence back then was attached to the top of the wall and did not come right down to ground level. The fence was lying on the ground with the honeysuckle still attached, luckily the plant was still rooted in the ground, and despite it being moved and at one point in a bucket of water for a good few weeks whilst we re did the fencing, it seems to have recovered and is growing up the fence again.
As you sit at the seat you are looking onto the vegetable plot, we placed the seat here as the sun shines in this part of the garden for a short while, also a place to rest between digging up the vegetables! you can see my little greenhouse and behind it more honeysuckle growing up the fence, it survived the storms as it is sheltered with the garage and greenhouse, my little greenhouse stood up to the gales! which was surprising.
For any geocachers reading this ! there is a geocache hidden there, a very easy one as it was my first attempt at hidding a cache, and funnily enough I called it "Honeysuckle Fence" . I wonder why?
This little water feature was in the garden when we moved here, it is on the "to do list" of things to alter, the little spout where the water comes out isn't tall enough, so we I thought we would change it for something bigger, I love ferns so as this little part of the garden does not get any sun it is ideal for the ferns. We have plans to alter the patio area of the back garden in front of the decking, the slabs that the previous owner had put down are uneven in parts, so another thing on the list is new patio slabs and a border in front of the fountain and bird bath and do the same on the opposite side of the garden and then reposition the bird bath.
There is grass behind the hedging this is the side of the garage, no sun in this area. But the greenhouse does well being a bit further along and gets the sun for a little while.
These are Bramley apple trees and a plum tree, so far the apples are appearing but no sign of the plums!
This wall we had built in the past 3 years or so, behind it is the front garden. The two pots have carrots growing in them with onions to the left, I planted sweetpeas to the right, I hope they are as nice this year as in previous years.
Again from "Margaret's seat" this is along to the Bramley apple and plum tree. You can just see the Acer tree peeping over the wall in the front garden.
A little container of strawberries growing under the carport which is south facing along with a lemon herb and parsley.
So that is the back garden. I may well do the same with photographs of the front garden.
I hope you enjoyed the tour, thank you for stopping by :-)
Very pretty. When I come to visit I can eat the apples and leave you some manure for your veggy patch.
ReplyDeleteIs that peas? I love peas straight from the pod.
ReplyDeleteYou have lots going on in that space. It's great to have a quiet little spot to sit in. It looks very comfy and peaceful.
WOW! Extreme Make Over and My Corner of Scotland collide creating this wonderful living space that is not only pleasing to the eye but, incredibly functional and most of all FUN!
ReplyDeleteI Love what you've done to the west wing!
Fabulous!
cute deck!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous back garden you`ve got, Ann! I`m in love with it :o) Just a sweet place for sweet peoples. I wish I`ll have the garden like your is :o) so cozy and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely evening, dear friend :o)
kisssses
Natasha :o)