Tuesday, 31 July 2012

I didn't need telling twice!

It has been a lovely day here in Ayrshire, the sun was out and really warm.  My DH suggested we went to Turnberry just a 25 minute drive away where they held the Senior Open Golf Championship last week (we actually had a guest in for a few days then who was competing)
So I thought good, we can find a couple of caches as I had already put the co-ordinates into my GPS the other day.   Well I don't need telling twice!

They were taking down the staging from the championships as we drove past the beautiful hotel that sits up high, what a lovely building.   I have actually been inside this hotel 6 years ago for a spa day, which is one up on DH as he hasn't been inside this hotel.

We drove along to Maidens a couple of minutes in the car from Turnberry to try and grab a couple of caches.   We parked up and what a view across the Firth of Clyde!  The water was calm like a mill pond, little boats moored up in the harbour, the place was so clean and tidy.
So off we go on our search, along by the little harbour, past the childrens play area and down on to the rocks.  Keeping our eye on the GPS, then it gave the familiar beep to let us know we had arrived.
The hint was to look in all the "nooks and crannies"  so we did, I was hoping there would be a TB in the box so I could move it on to another cache. 

After climbing up and over the rocks and stepping over rock pools I went on ahead to search, whilst hubby searched another area.  He knows if I whistle then I have found the loot, well it's my take on a whistle!    

There it is! under that rock, a box ! good there may be a TB or two in there,  I opened up the clip box but it didn't have any inside.     I sign the log and off we go to another one, just a short walk along and up high with lovely views over the little fishing village and out to sea.

This time the GPS took us to a derelict shelter built into the edge of a hill,  but the cache wasn't inside thankfully as there were a lot of bottles in there so it looks like it's the local hangout for the underage drinkers!    I climb up on to the top to search, but it is hubby who finds this one, which was another small box but no TB's in this one either.   So those 2 caches take my finds to 280.  I am about to take over 2 caches that a lady is no longer able to look after as she cannot walk too far due to a foot injury, so she is giving up geocaching, so I said last night I would "adopt" them, along with a few of her TB's.

I hope you enjoy looking at the photographs we took this morning on our caching trip.
It was hidden somewhere behind me
signing the log



At the next cache

No it wasn't inside but on the top.
That is my old caching jacket to the right.

Signing the next log.





Dismantling the stands. (Taken from inside the car)
Turnberry Hotel.

Ailsa Craig in the distance.


7 comments:

  1. WOW!! Quelle jolie vues!! J`adore!!! :O) Et j`adore votre blog il est MAGNIFIQUE!! Toujour tres jolie et interesent!!!! :O) Et mentenent je suis votre nouveux followers!!! :O)
    With love from Moscow!
    xxx Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it looks beautiful. Glad you had such a lovely day.
    A Russian writing in French?! Well I suppose it is better known than Russian. Good on her. What praise she has for your blog. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ann! So beautiful nature you have close to you! Congrats on your caches :o) I definetly in love with your Scotland :o)
    Happy week to you
    Love
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I think you guys are CacheCrazy! And, between the awesomely fun stories and the wonderful pictures, your blog is quickly becoming a daily stop on my reading time tour! Great work Ann! I'm happy to see that you and your DH are enjoying time together and living it up!
    Have fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great day out. Love the photos. You do Scotland proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ann, lovely photos and a really interesting post. I didn't know anything about geocaching until I spotted your blog and I can see that you have to be fit to participate. Haven't worked out what TBs are yet, but I'm hopeful the penny will drop soon :) I've been to a Spa day at the hotel too - a few years ago now - and it was fabulous then but I believe it has had an expensive makeover since and is now decorate in the Art Deco style - I've promised myself I will go back for a look sometime. Thanks for sharing those lovely photos. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful scenery! Glad to hear you are adopting some caches and keeping the game alive!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete