This is for my friend's baby granddaughter. I usually roll the nappies when making the cakes but for this one I thought I would try the folding them. I think for the next one next month I will roll them.
![]() |
I started with these, another pack inside for the next one.
New twine around the nappies, then I realised I had nice white thin string left over from previous cakes so I changed to the string after this photograph.
White broad ribbon wrapped around the nappies.
I made these last night, what a footer (fiddily) they were!
I have since added narrow pink organza ribbon to the front at the "soles"
I rolled up 3 bibs and tied them together with the same narrow pink organza ribbon. I cut lengths of pink wrapping paper using pinking shears, then placed it in the centre of the wide white ribbon.
All wrapped up in cellophane with a white bow added and curled ribbon.
I forgot to take photographs of the top tier! maybe because it gave me problems! I just couldn't get the nappies to sit right, thats why I will roll them next time. I did try using a round baking tin to put them into to give me the shape but gave up on that! |
very clever.
ReplyDeleteCan you eat it?
ReplyDeleteNo!
I think I'd rather get my gnashers into a hunk of Christening cake, rather than a mouthful of nappies! :)
And of course, washed down with a wee dram to 'wet the babies head'.
(Actually it's very artistic.)
Cheers...B x
Your gift is PERFECT, Ann!!! LOVE IT! Clever you! And I love how you wrap it too :o)
ReplyDeleteHappy and sunny week to you
love
Natasha
Hi Ann, we are home again after a wonderful time in Scotland. The weather was not that bad, we had some nice times...Your gift is beautiful...
ReplyDeleteHugs
Erna
AWESOME personal gift that I am certain will be well received. Pretty crafty!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea!
ReplyDelete