I decided to make some American pancakes just now. Here are the results of my efforts, I found this recipe a few years back on the net I find it fool proof, light and fluffy.
Our little granddaughters enjoy them when they are up visiting. I just wish maple syrup wasn't so expensive in the UK! I have pouring syrup on the one below.
How much is the syrup there?? Because we grew up on "Mrs. Butterworth's" syrup. The "cheap" stuff which I prefer.... But I worked in an orchard that sold the premium stuff for a TON.
Your pancakes look sooo yummy, Ann :o) I`ve made the French crepes for my kids last weekend :o) and they were eaten very fast with strawberries, raspberries, cherries and chocolate :D Have a sunny summery week love Natasha
How much is the syrup there??
ReplyDeleteBecause we grew up on "Mrs. Butterworth's" syrup. The "cheap" stuff which I prefer.... But I worked in an orchard that sold the premium stuff for a TON.
I have seen it in the supermarket for between £4-£5 and that was just a small jar.
ReplyDeleteYour pancakes look sooo yummy, Ann :o) I`ve made the French crepes for my kids last weekend :o) and they were eaten very fast with strawberries, raspberries, cherries and chocolate :D
ReplyDeleteHave a sunny summery week
love
Natasha
I remember having pancakes when I was young. These look like a bigger version. I used to like them just with butter, but I do love maple syrup.
ReplyDeleteThe ones I make for spreading butter and jam on is a different recipe Foody up here they are called dropped scones.
ReplyDelete