We went into out normal coffee shop this morning and often meet the same folk, well today was no exeption, but we did learn of this brilliant idea from a man.
Now maybe you have already heard of it or may even take part in it. I have registered tonight. It is called BookCrossing.com The idea is you register a book with them, you put a label in with the code they give you online, then you leave the book on seat outside in a town or at an airport/train/bus station or in a coffee shop, anywhere where it would be picked up. Someone would (hopefully) pick it up and read it they can go online at the www address on the label to say they have the book, they in turn when finished with it can leave it somewhere. I hope I have explained this clearly. Anyway I am going to have a go, you can then follow your books journey online. It is something like Travel Bugs in geocaching, if you see one in a cache you can if you wish take it and move it to another cache, you also put online that you have it or have placed it elswhere. I am a sucker for this type of thing lol
Good luck! I tried it a while ago - but no one ever picked up my books ;-(
ReplyDeleteThat sounds really good. You really do like this 'caching', don't you? But won't they sometimes get nicked?
ReplyDeleteYes I do foody lol. Got two today in Glasgow so now up to 102 caches found. Yes some folk like to spoil it for others and destroy/remove caches if they inadvertently find them, even though in the larger caches there is usually a note explaining the sport/game and inviting them to join in.
ReplyDeleteI have tried to look at your baking post but Blogger just keeps telling me the page isn't available. :(
ReplyDeleteoh I deleted it as I had two pics the same in and had to delete so will put it on tonight.
ReplyDelete