Saturday, 19 February 2011

out all afternoon

We went along to a local area where it is mile upon mile of walks around the river Ayr in a beautiful estate. Once a very large house, but now it is used as offices I believe. Anyway off we went on our meander, we were geocaching! now there's a surprise, I drag poor hubby off to do this every afternoon at a weekend, but it is fun, we get fresh air and this evening my face is tingling with all of the excerise, and I am hungry lol all this fresh air........ we have had dinner ......but thank goodness there is NO chocolate in the house !! but we are on the wine !!
We met umpteen folk with their dogs, oh how I wish we still had our BC, we met a lady with 6 yes 6 ! I had to go across and talk to her as one looked so like Hana, only younger, we stood talking about BC's for a while they were all lovely dogs although all males. We are thinking of maybe getting a rescue BC hopefully a female, but first we hope to have our holiday and then maybe think seriously of another dog. At least it wouldn't look so bad if we had a dog with us and us nipping in and out of bushes and trees!
We found one cache, then the next was a first for us, we had to find the clue which in turn had a co-ordinate on it which took us to the next, which again had the co-ords on it to take us to the 3rd part, but as it was by now almost 3.45 we thought they may shut the gates and we wouldn't be able to get the car out lol so hopefully we will return tomorrow to (fingers crosses) to find the final part of the puzzle.
It is fun to get home and log the finds on the site and then see someone else has found it before/after you on the same day, we have yet to run in to someone else geocaching when we are out. Then as we drove home I knew of one that was in a layby so I didn't even need my GPS switched on as I had the clue,got that but goodness knows what the cars wizzing past must have thought i was up to. well at least i am getting out lol

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Ann,

    Your hobby certainly does get you out and about. Bill (my Bill) mentioned the other day about possibly getting a GPS and getting into it...but I am not sure he would do all the walking to hunt down the caches. He is not the energetic type. But who knows!!! It might be just what he needs. We are snowed in at the moment so NO "out-and-about" for us. Take care, Martha

    ReplyDelete