Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Culture !

oh these bus passes are great. We were up to Glasgow for free, on the bus from Ayr, Bill is semi retired so we are making the most of our free passes on the buses. Today we went went up and had a good look around Kelvingrove Gallery, you could spend the day there as there is so much to see. So a day of culture, last week it was another gallery, plus another find of a cache ;-) I took my GPS up with me today as I thought I/we could try for a cache or two in the city, we managed one which was an easy one but still it is another to add to my finds, 76 now ooooooooh hooooo. I am the one who is so interested in this sport, hubby just keeps the peace and tags along, he comes in handy when I cannot reach a cache. Now I know there is one in the grounds of the supermarket we go to sometimes,so maybe just maybe tomorrow when we go food shopping we might find this one.
As we got off of the bus outside the gallery we noticed lots of police officers on motor bikes, then they stopped the traffic, so of course we had to wait and see who it was, hmmmmm the limo went by with outriders of police on motor bikes plus other cars and we haven't a clue who was in the limo, we peered in as they went by, but we are still non the wiser.........
The bottom photograph is of Rennie Mackintosh's work. I really like his design,such a shame he only become famous after his death. Oh and did you know it was a Scot from Paisley, Scotland who invented the "chip and pin" that we all use today, no we didn't either until today.





4 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely day you had Ann !!! I love Kelvingrove and I love those hanging heads LOL Some very famous people come from Paisley ... well there is me .. oh I'm not famous .. David Tenant, Gerrard Butler and and and Gerry Rafferty and ...... ME !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a super day hunny - perhaps that limo was for you! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tasteful. Glad you are enjoying the bus pass freedom. In some ways, I can't wait. I bet they'll stop thiings like that before I qualify though. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Ann, your goodies do look inviting. Would love to come and share a sample of that crumble! LOL!I love berries of all kinds. Have a nice Valentines Day today!

    Love and blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete