Friday, 8 May 2009

Oh when is this rain going to stop?


After a cloud burst last night of hail ! just as i went in to town to pick up hubby. I noticed that they had blocked the road I needed to go along to pick him up, so I turned and went in to the car park across the road, then the heavens opened up and down came the hail, luckily for once hubby had his mobile on and after the second attempt I let him know where i was waiting. As soon as he opened the passenger door the hail "whooshed" in, it was terrible, I thought once we got home it would have subsided but no ! the guttering around the house was running with the downpour, hail up against the back door and the path slippery.

We have had the delivery this morning of our new gas boiler and pipes ready for them coming on Monday to change the boiler and move 2 radiators, swapping them about as the one in our bedroom is far too big and takes up too much wall space, and the one in the lounge is far too small, so they are swapping places. That was one of my ideas so saves buying new radiators.
We have been here 4 years and finally getting it our way.
Made marmalade today and just thinking of going and making dropped scones (Scottish small pancakes to eat with butter etc)
enjoy the rest of the days girls
Ann x

5 comments:

  1. drop scones.... i'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy! sorry baout the rain, waspouring here this morning, but lovely and sunny now..albeit windy!

    Speak soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Nicks i will save you some lol
    Mandi some for you as well?
    Yes very windy here today as well.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm drop scones just yummy
    luv
    linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put the kettle on I will be over for a coffee !!! OH TELL ME ABOUT THE RAIN Ann I am sick of it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete