As you can see in one of the photographs in my previous posting of the retirement party, we have decking in our back garden........or should I say we did have, as now it is dismantled, it was far too high and I have never liked it. So now as hubby is retired, we decided to take it apart.
We started off with one idea before dismantiling it, but then when we looked (or rather I looked at it and had the idea) we decided on putting it back, why does hubby groan when I say "I have an idea" lol .............ah........... but not as it was. This time it will be much lower and smaller with more space behind it for growing more vegetables. Along the side where there is a narrow path we will lift that, and plant fruit trees as there are already 2 Bramley and a plum tree further down.
Trees will go where the compose maker (green box) is on the right hand side and the compose maker will be moved.
The decking will be back about 5 large lengths of wood back from the step (which is also away) and just the height of the former lower step.
Looks a mess just now, but hey you can't make an omlette without....etc
We had a trip to the cowp (tip) yesterday, yes hubby knows how to treat me :-) so all the wood and the radiator is now away. All the support planks were lifted yesterday and today ready to be put back again, only lower. If we can get this done before the winter and dig over the soil behind the decking then that will let the elements to the soil until the spring hopefully.
And surprise surprise tonight someone came to the door for B&B so I have 3 in for tonight, and there was me thinking the season was over, if I don't look for guests then guests turn up :-)
I love a trip to the cowp for a morning out! I suppose when we dump stuff it's always stuff that has been around for ages, stuff that we forgot to take last time and the time before and the time before .... so by the time get round to going I am just delighted to see the back of it all.
ReplyDelete