Everything went well on Saturday for hubby's retirement party at our house.
He had no idea he was getting a new set of golf clubs.
Our younger daughter (Morvyn) made a cake, he is a Refresher fan so they are around the cake..
I managed to get a photograph of myself with our two daughters. Karyn is on the right of the photograph and Morvyn on the left, with me in the middle. The photo at the bottom is of my hubby, then Scott (married to Karyn parents of Caitlin & Zoe) and Craig on the right (married to Morvyn parents of Emma)
The weather kept fine, the men actually ended up standing outside in the back garden talking and drinking and generally putting the world to rights!
Then we drifted outside and watched our younger granddaughter Emma at 2 1/2 jumping over a skipping rope as we wriggled it on the ground.
We had bought 2 scooters so they can be left here for our two older granddaughters Caitlin (10) and little sister Zoe (6) to play with whenever they are up here from England, so they enjoyed being outside with them. Our 2 good friends came over from Troon with their little grandson of almost 3yrs (a prior babysitting stint) he played on the toy tractor we have here and seemed to enjoy himself, they left late afternoon to get their grandson back to his parents. All in all a very enjoyable afternoon/evening.
The next morning our daughters/hubbies/granddaughters and us, all invaded Caffe Nero in town for our coffees and hot chocolate, which made a nice end to the celebrations. Bill has his last day at work tomorrow (Tuesday) then he is being taken out to lunch with his colleagues on Wednesday. Then the two of us are out for lunch on Thursday.
And so another chapter ends and a new one begins!!! Where did those years go?
What a lovely looking family you have there Ann. Congrats Bill on being completely retired! Now the fun begins! LOL! What to do with all that time. My best to you both for the future.
ReplyDeleteMartha
Hi hun
ReplyDeletefabbie piccies, congrats to hubbie on his retirement, sounds like you have all had a lovely time, sue,xx
As the other post was deleted Ann, may I reply here.
ReplyDeleteYou don't need to swap anything. They are two different programs called 'search engines'.
Don't remove anything, just install Chrome as well. I have both on IE and Chrome on my dashboard and I can choose whichever I like. I use IE for searching/reading the online news and things like that. When I want to access blogs I use Chrome because it keeps me signed in for weeks before it asks me to confirm my password.
Honest, it won't upset anything - all you have to do is get used to using it - and it is not difficult,
I promise you (ask Foody) :)
You all look a jolly happy bunch! Glad it all went so well.
ReplyDelete