Oh! Ann, don't temp me. The number of versions of 'Mary had a little lamb' that I know would reach from here to Ailsa Craig! Some a bit naughty I might add - but what would you expect from an old man with years of poetical 'experience'?
Oooh!... that reminds me of a time I had a gourmet menu in Auvergne. I loved it but couldn't take it. I swayed a little as I left my seat and got a few stares. Embarrassing in front of all those Frenchies - a Brit who couldn't hold her food and ...er....drink. I was white as a sheet. I hadn't realised how much I had consumed until I stood up. Was ill against a tree outside, I'm ashamed to say, but immediately after, I was right as rain and went back and had stuff from our mini bar. So naive then - we assumed that was free! (- until we saw the bill next day!)
Oh! Ann, don't temp me.
ReplyDeleteThe number of versions of 'Mary had a little lamb' that I know would reach from here to Ailsa Craig!
Some a bit naughty I might add - but what would you expect from an old man with years of poetical 'experience'?
LOL!!! Hugs sxx
ReplyDeleteOooh!... that reminds me of a time I had a gourmet menu in Auvergne. I loved it but couldn't take it. I swayed a little as I left my seat and got a few stares. Embarrassing in front of all those Frenchies - a Brit who couldn't hold her food and ...er....drink. I was white as a sheet. I hadn't realised how much I had consumed until I stood up. Was ill against a tree outside, I'm ashamed to say, but immediately after, I was right as rain and went back and had stuff from our mini bar. So naive then - we assumed that was free! (- until we saw the bill next day!)
ReplyDelete