Tuesday, 16 August 2011
11 short of a bakers dozen!
Earlier on this afternoon we had brilliant blue skies after the rain and the sun was out, a little bird taking a bath in the bird bath. I had to stay in anyway as the student was still here, he leaves tomorrow morning back to the Shetlands, I was telling him this morning that he is my furthest flung Scottish visitor lol. So far the furthest foreign guest has been South Korea.
Anyway I decided to put the bread machine on to make another loaf, then went online to youtube to find another recipe I had seen earlier in the month of a quick and easy handmade loaf, so this is the result. The one on the left is the machine one and the wonky one is the handmade loaf. I really didn't think the wonky one would rise before it went into the oven as we do not have an airing cupboard in this house which we did have in our old house and was handy to use for bread rising, usually upstairs in the loft bedroom it is very very warm when the sun is out, it wasn't out today! but as I had had the bread machine on our small kitchen was warm and it did rise nicely before going into the oven. the wonky on is taller looking than in the pic.
Then the drizzly rain came back on! seems to be dry just now.
UPDATE Having just cut the wonky one, it tastes nice but I prefer the one in the machine. I will try the handmade one again sometime and use slightly less salt than the recipe states, just a tad less. hubby just emailed to say Brad Pitt is filming in Glasgow.
ANOTHER UPDATE Photograph of the wonky loaf when sliced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They both look lovely to me!
ReplyDeleteOh my human would love those loaves.
ReplyDeleteAnn,
ReplyDeleteYou do so well with whatever you bake, wonky or not! There is something so homey about home made bread. It smells wonderful and permeates the whole house.
I had my first therapy for my shoulder and it went well. He said within 4 months I should have 75% of my ROM (range of motion back), 6 months from surgery, 90% and within the year, 100%. So that is wonderful to look forward to getting the complete use of my arm back and without pain.: )
Love, Martha