Friday, 31 December 2010

Hogmanay walk

Another walk along by the river, lots of folk about looking at the it, it is sloooooooooooooowly thawing and moving downstream to the sea. Along at the bridge it is stacked even higher,and would you believe parents were allowing their children to climb the barrier beneath the bridge to allow them to sit on large portions of the ice! how stupid, all it would take is another ice slab to hit the one they were on and!! well..........
Although the ice looked heavy and stacked up and not moving in that area, it is still moving underneath. That is the main A77 road going over the bridge in the photographs, no wonder they are keeping an eye on the structure. PS that is a garden gnome from the garden who just happened to join me in my walk!!! that hat !!

3 comments:

  1. WOW Ann you would think it would have thawed by now !!! What fab pictures !!! Happy New Year Ann to you and yours and LANG MAY YER LUM REEK !!! LOL sorry for any wrong spellings my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And lang may your lum reek as well Junie lol
    Have a good Hogmanay and 2011 when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By 'eck! When I said I'd seen a local river frozen, all I saw was a sheet of ice across it. I'd never seen that before and thought it was notable, but it was nothing like the Ayr on your two walks! It looks like something you would expect to see in Canada or somewhere"! I've seen nothing like that in my life. Woweee!

    ReplyDelete