Thursday, 16 December 2010

Finally iced the Christmas cake!


This year instead of using roll out fondant I decided to make royal icing for the first time in years. I used dried egg whites this time and must say I am impressed with the dried whites. I just needed to whisk it in more but this was the first time of using it, but it looks ok and tastes once in the icing sugar just the same as a fresh egg, I cheated and did a semi rough icing and stuck on little polar bears/christmas trees/penguins I had bought. So thats 2010 christmas cake :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy yummy I bet your kitchen smelled DELISH !!!! Hope you are well we will SKYPE one day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cake Ann,

    I have never used the dried egg whites for frosting. I have beaten the real whites up to make a glossy meringue type loooong ago. We don't eat much cake here. Prefer pies. Great decorating there too. ENJOY the fruits (I mean the cake) of your labor.

    Love and blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. you cant beat Royal Icing! yum

    ReplyDelete