Wednesday, 5 May 2010

My first attempt with candles


After spending yesterday morning going from shop to shop in Ayr and again this morning finally ending up in a craft shop, (the type that holds painting/crafting parties where the lady was very helpful)
I couldn't find wax paper anywhere in town, the lady in the craft shop said to use non stick paper as she has had good results with it.
I had a pack of bags bought from Lakeland which can store cheese and have a waxy feel to them, so thought why not split one and use that?
Took the bull by the horns and did just that!
I had non stick paper in the kitchen but decided to use the bags.
Well this is the result, now the photograph isn't all that great and the colours are a bit stronger. It does look better in real life.
This is a gift to go into a gift bag along with the bracelet I made a few weeks ago for my friends birthday next week.

2 comments:

  1. You got hold of that bull very well indeed !!! LOL it is something I have ALWAYS wanted to try but did not have a clue where to start !! I am not good at holding horsns !!! It looks fantastic !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your candle Ann. Trouble is - when you've prettied up a candle like that you never want to burn it. I use baking paper to hold the candle while it's being heated to melt the tissue paper on.

    ReplyDelete