Thursday, 6 May 2010

A birthday candle, front and back.



I thought I would try and stamp on to another candle. This is a Joanna Sheen stamp, but as the candle is a shorter one I couldn't use all of the image on the rubber stamp, so I inked up just the bottles and stars along with the happy birthday, I took my time and did each bit separately, the stars are on both sides of the sentiment. I thought I might have been able to colour in the images but as it was on tissue paper it didn't work. Or maybe I am doing it wrong.
Anyway, decided to make it a black and white theme, so may see if I have any narrow black and white ribbon to tie around the candle.
Our post was so very late today, I have been looking back and forth all day, so the post hasn't been there very long. I received some lovely images from Junie in Paisley, they are super. Thank you again Junie.

4 comments:

  1. Wow hun, this is so brilliant and effective! So far, I have managed to melt about a million candles and burn lots of tissue paper so you have my undying admiration for turning out the perfect candle - and I think black and white is very classy. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY you did another one (LOVE IT) !!! One day one day I will try it and I am still loving colouring in like the big child I am LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another super candle. Looks like you're getting good at this. I haven't tried colouring the tissue paper yet as I stamped with a coloured Stazon pad. I'm sure I saw a magazine article where they'd coloured the image - I'll see if I can find it and see what they used. (Thanks for your e mail.)
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, This is so elegant and well done. I guess I will just have to break down and do one myself. I am glad you were able to use the bags you had.

    Happy creating, Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete