Thursday, 13 May 2010

Yet another candle


Trying to fill in my days as I miss our lovely Border Collie so much, it is two weeks today since we had to let her go...........ok onwards and upwards........
So into town and bought more candles, this one is for someone we meet sometimes at a weekend when out for our morning coffee. I was telling her about these and I said I would decorate one for her, this is kind of a Scottish thistle but not quite, which goes all around the candle. If anyone knows of a thistle stamp online to purchase I would very much apprieciate the link to it or something else Scottish, so far I haven't managed to find one.
This was stamped with my new ink pads that arrived today, Memento Rhubard Stalk, I also bought Dandelion colour but once I stamped out the design in the Dandelion colour it looked too similar to the colour of the candle, so will use it on a white candle at some point. I am going to make a wedding one for two brides who get married on the same day this September, one of the weddings we are invited to, and our 2 older little granddaughters are being flowergirls at their auntie's wedding the same day, so we will not see them as we will be at the other, how typical is that? Never mind thank goodness for camcorders etc so we have arranged for someone to film our little granddaughters for us. 365 days in a year and the two weddings clash !

3 comments:

  1. Lovely color on that candle Ann. Guess what, I have several "thistle" stamps. I will need to locate them and see what the brands are. I bought them on Ebay because I think thistles are so pretty since my two trips to Scotland some time back. I will let you know. You should make a simple tutorial for making the candles so others who might not have tried it, can learn too.

    Love and hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Ann, thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments. I love your candle. I'm so sorry about you puppy dog. The sure become a part of the family. I also want to tell you what a beautiful yard you have. Stop by anytime:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete