Wednesday, 5 September 2012

help please!

I am sat here trying to add something to my side bar, I have at some time clicked somewhere on my blog (don't ask how as no idea!) to take me to the new look layout, which is the way it will go soon, it told me on my old layout that it would all change in the coming months.  I thought I would have a look at the new one but cannot get back to the old way, its there somewhere but I have no idea how to get back.   I know you will probably be thinking "Just what is she on about!"    hope it makes sense as I am typing as if I am sat with someone!!   any help out there please.  I see my blog has gone all plain at the side now, grrrrr.      many thanks for any help, I just want to get back to the old way of adding and posting,
UPDATE
The time has come to ditch my blog grrrrr I am totally totally lost, I have managed to get back to the old layout but things are missing on the side bar, things are there that were not there before, counter followers etc.   Oh I give up! off to watch Coronation Street.
UPDATE AGAIN.cannot see the reply button any more on my blog!  Seriously considering giving this up, maybe start again.   As you can guess i am no techie, i will look on my laptop and see what it is like on there, as i am on my ipad just now. I am totally lost, if you do  not see. Me posting ever again then I have messed up my blog!


PDATED

10 comments:

  1. Crumbs hun, I've been on the new one for so long now that I've forgotten - hang on .....OK, on your Blog List page (Dashboard) where your Reading List is, top right hand corner, beside your language choice, is a cog wheel. Click on that and on the list towards the bottom is the option for Old Blogger Interface. Hope that helps. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I always do before changing any layout on my blog is to back it up.
    They call it 'Export blog'.
    This will download all your text (in html) onto your hard-drive. It doesn't need a lot of space. Then if anything goes wrong you can 'import' it back later. I do this every month anyway as a security measure.
    Go to 'Settings'
    Choose 'Other'
    Under 'Blog tools'
    choose 'Export-blog'
    Cheers....B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, you should never ask me anything like this. I hate stuff like this. I was going to say to ask Bernard, and there he is, already to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get human to back up my blog. 5years of my life is held in this blog I would hate to lose it all. Photographs don't back up though only the text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Zoe, but all photos are stored at Picassa and our blogs only contain a link to them.
      I was going to suggest to Ann that she can always create a brand New Blog using the new interface and then 'imports' al her text to that. You won't lose anything unless you 'delete' your blog!
      Cheers....B

      Delete
    2. Bernard, i am sooooooooo lost. I have tried different things on my blog and getting nowhere fast I don't understand it at all. I thought about starting again but as for 'importing' .......... I will end up getting lost even more............many thanks.

      Delete
  5. I think squirrel has got it right, on your blogger dashboard go to the top right hand corner, next to where it says (english UK) there is a "star" click on that and then on "old blogger interface" on the drop down menu.

    That should sort out the problem:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i got that as i have mentioned it in my 'help' posting when I posted at the beginning, My blog is a mess, too many layouts on top of one another which I can see when I go to the laptop, but is different on the ipad.

      Delete
  6. You're nearly there Ann. I think you need to go back to 'The Cutest Blog on the Block' now and choose a different background. To be honest I don't know the difference between 'two column' and 'three column' but I just try them all until one fits! Your centre section seems OK, it's just too wide for the background stripes. Try choosing a wider one perhaps?
    Cheers....B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bernard thats where i went for the layouts lol, and i seem to have layouts on top of layouts when i look on the laptop. I will need to look again tomorrow. On the ipad it is different looking for some reason.

    ReplyDelete