I think we picked the best couple of hours to be there, it wasn't busy, we could meander along looking for the caches without too many muggles about. But as I pointed out to my husaband he was wearing a pillar box red jumper (sweater) so he stood out a mile if we were searching in amongst trees, but nobody bothered us, they were all too busy enjoying the wide open spaces out and about on their bikes or walking.
We found 3 caches today so just another 3 to find to take me to my 260 mark, we are getting there slow but sure. Then we sat on the ancient wall of a ruined castle that had once stood in this lovely park, so 2 old relics sat on a ruined wall having their lunch, it was hard to pick out the ancient from the ancient!
The rain is now on, so we did pick the best time to be out and about, it was forecast for rain today so we were surprised to have such a warm sunny morning.
I took my camera with us so I hope you like the ones I have taken this morning in the park.
A child and a horse statue at the start of our walk
The view of the river from the bridge.
The ruined castle and tower where we sat and had our lunch in the sun.
The loch where the fishermen were out, but you cannot see them in the photograph.
And then on our way back to the car I took another photo of the castle in the distance.
Can you just imagine the ladies in their long dresses in days of old wandering about in these grounds.
Lovely photographs, Ann. I've never been to Eglinton CP but keep promising myself I will get there one day. It does look well worth visiting. The rain is very welcome in our garden ... everything was looking a bit dry after all the dry and sunny weather we've had recently. Elizabeth
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing these lovely photos Ann, I'll be visiting Scotland in three weeks and I'm so looking forward to it...
ReplyDeleteThanks foro visiting my blog..
Erna x
Hi, Ann! Lovely pictures! Looks like you had a great time last morning! Beautiful castle and the nature :o) I just see how lady look at the window or walk around in her long dress with a beautiful hairstyle :o)
ReplyDeleteHope the weather will turns to warm for you
love
Natasha
Lovely pictures, Ann. And sunshine as well, lucky you. I'm fed up with our continuous rain.
ReplyDeleteSorry you couldn't leave a comment on your recent visit ... actually you landed on my WI blog where nobody comments so I think Blogger got confused. My normal blog is A Mixed Bag.
Eglington.... now.... didn't they have a pony clib that won the Prince Philip cup lots of times in a row? (Or some similar prestigious award). I remember them being on the telly. I think.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely day you had too. Nothing like a picnic in the sun, is there?
Great photos - thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHugs from South Africa
Michelle