I really haven't felt up to blogging lately, but hey the sun is out and we have been out geocaching this morning locally, plenty of fresh air in Ayr ;-) so I thought I would share some photographs with you that I took today.
We took the coast road south with lovely views across the Firth of Clyde, stopping off at the lovely little fishing village of Dunure, where there was a micro cache to be found, so once a few muggles had moved on I managed to find it.
Then in the car further along the coast to the next one which was at Croy, a lovely little cove where I used to go to with my parents for the day when I was a child, at one point back then you could take your car right on to the beach, I am not sure if this is still possible. It has changed a lot since those days, now there is a static caravan park holiday area right next to the beach overlooking the sea.
So that was the second cache of the morning, back we went the way we had driven as we had missed the turning for another cache, so parking up the car in a layby off we set to the third one. Through a gate with a super sign on it in auld Scots tongue, I just had to take a photograph of it to share with you. The Rotary Club of Ayr have helped with the coastal walk a good little secure gate to go through before you enter the field to walk along the edge with great views of the sea. We walked across the field, it was ok to do this as there wasn't anything planted but we had to do this to get to the cache. This is the cute sign on the gate.
Just as we were about to go through the gate I noticed another smaller sign with the Rotary Club of Ayr signature on it, ahhhhhh I could complete a challenge with this sign, hence the pointing of the finger at the name Ayr. So that was a challenge completed there. Over the field to the cache, we had never been here before. That's the fun of geocaching, it is taking us to places we have never been before and we live in Ayr for goodness sake! I highly recommend geocaching, try it google it, read about it, honest it is fun and you are out in the fresh air and getting excercise as well.
So three caches found today and a challenge completed, result! Back we walk to the parked car looking over to Arran and Ailsa Craig out in the middle of the sea.
and Alisa Craig in the distance, do you see it? Curling stones are made from the stone from Alisa Craig. Beautiful.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ann your photos are just STUNNING !!! I love the view of Ailsa Craig have always wanted to go there !!! not sure if you can !!! Somebody having a birthday sooon !!!!wooo hooooo I hope you are well SENDING HUGS
ReplyDeleteYour views are stunning, it's a delightful area to live in.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back xxx
Ann, what exactly is geocaching? Is it anything like haggis catching?
ReplyDeletebeautiful scenery!!
ReplyDeleteLovely pics. It was good to see you back in Blogland. (Did as you asked).
ReplyDeleteFantastic work. I love the way you set this up! First you go into exile and then you come out with this totally awesome post and we all quickly remember why we follow your blog! Outstanding pictures and content, well done.
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling that the next time I see this post it will be at CacheCrazy.Com.