This is an amazing sand sculpture we saw on the beach. There was even fire coming out of the dragons nostril, fantastic.
We walked out to a remote part, but not too remote as there were cyclists and cars about, the ground underfoot was rugged and this is where we searched for one of the caches, this is me holding on to my hat on the way back after finding the cache.
And another cache site hidden in the lava rocks that we were at, along the edge of the sea.
I loved the palm trees lining the roads, I want some in our garden! but this is Scotland! although in saying that, there is a lovely castle along the coast from our house that has palm trees and oranges growing in it's grounds as it is in the gulf stream.
That is Lobos in the background, which looked like a huge dragon as the rocks on the right hand side looked like a tail.
This is at the harbour after finding yet another cache.
A camouflaged little bird hopping about the rocks and sand, with it's long pointy beak it was able to dig into the sand, everyone passing by stopped to look at it, so this is for Foody when she maybe looks at my blog at some point :-) you have to look closely to spot the little bird. He/she is right in the centre.
Look at these glamorous girls!!! can you spot me dancing, well maybe not! this was a carnival on Saturday night. And guess who managed to fall over onto her knees and skinning them when loosing her footing stepping down from the pavement onto the road? and all hubby could say was "Is the camera alright" ........men! it was as quick as I could get up I was affronted! but not only did I fall but a few minutes earlier I had stumbled but managed to stay upright, I blame the same colour of pavement as the road, honest there was NO drink involved, honest.
More palm tree lined roads, this was taken on a day trip to another part of the island up in the mountains with great views and sheer drops at the road side.
A beautiful little church we visited on the same day trip.
Just wish we could have bottled up some of the fabulous sunshine and brought it back with us. oh well never mind.
Looks wonderful. I love the sand sculpture. A nice relaxing time had by all I hope.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time, Ann. Maybe you did bring some sunshine home with you. Not a enough to grow a palm tree, but welcome all the same.
ReplyDeleteIt's a hoopoe! I've ony seen one once before, in Umbria in Italy. I think they do come to the UK though.
ReplyDeleteLovely dragon. I'm glad you had a good time keeping warm and doing some chache-ing.
Sorry I've been slow to visit. I don't seem to be blogging so much at the moment.
WOW looks like you had a wonderful wonderful time Ann !!! Delighted you did your piccies are just wonderful !!!
ReplyDelete