Thursday, 8 March 2012

Time flies!

I love old photographs, and this one in particular as I am the little girl in the photograph along with my mum and dad.  I must be about 2-3 years old here, I like the way I have my finger and thumb on my left hand.

 I remember my mum telling me one time that we were visiting a lady who was once dressmaker to the film star Rita Heywood, that sounds grand.  Those were the days when film stars were real film stars and not the "celebrities" of today!
I have had a try at removing the flowers that seem to be growing from my mum's head :-) but so far I haven't managed it.  I have only tried "paint" so far.

6 comments:

  1. Human says your pa is very clarke gable. She loves old photos too. Even ones that don't have me in them. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old photographs, too. Sweet picture, Ann.

    And have lovely birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday, Pard. Told you I wouldn't forget, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame you mentioned that vase of flowers. I never noticed at first. Just thought was a lovely group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I think I see a likeness in your face from that little girlie face to your face of today.
    Happy birthday for tomorrow too. No that I would know. i just see what the man called Valance said. (Has he got frills?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Foody, he ain't got frills. Just means he's well hung, that's all. And some say he should be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, what a lovely picture! Your parents and you look so great at this photo :o) Very beautiful picture :o)
    have a very nice day
    Love
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete