Sunday, 23 January 2011

Yesterday and today

A quick scoot to Troon to pick up a pre ordered birthday cake for our youngest granddaughter's birthday party in Glasgow, got the co-ords for a quick cache in the town, lots of fog about so that hid us from folk passing by as to what we were up to! once that was done it was on to Glasgow through the fog with a stop at Silverburn for a coffee (we were too early for the party venue)
Met up with our older daughter and SIL and two little granddaughters from England who came up especially for the party, so it was lovely to see them all as we hadn't seen them since beginning of December.
Today we got 3 geocaches which took us to places we had never been before. So this is the monument to William Wallace at Auchincruive, we didn't even know this monuement was here, we are learning about our surrounding countryside and its rich history, as we go about geocaching.
Tomorrow a trip up to Glasgow, hmmmmmmmm did I sneak a few co-ords into my GPS for up there?......you bet I did.

2 comments:

  1. I saw Troon on the telly - Michael Portillo's Railway Journeys - and I saw Ayr! And as he approached his B&B I was thinking 'Go to Ann's!' but no, he chose the one where Rennie Mackintosh stayed ('The Hollies?')
    We saw his breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs but I ask Where was the Ayrshire bacon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed that one Foody. And he would have been most welcome to have stayed here lol but looks like he chose Prestwick!. I haven't seen Ayrshire bacon in a while......hmmmmm must look out for it again. We watched him last night as he was on his jorney from Ayr to Skye but they only showed Ayr on the map humpppppppffff. Hubby watched tonights. I was putting co-ords in my GPS lol

    ReplyDelete