Saturday, 8 January 2011

41st Geocaching find.

Well we have snow, it started last night and was still going strong at 1am this morning. I thought I would be able to go out and about this weekend hunting for more caches. But we decided this afternoon to wrap up and take a walk and see if I could find this one, we walked across the golf course as no chance of golfers being out due to the snow. So the snow made it nice and quiet for us to look, only took us a few minutes and I have to admit Bill found this one, I did look there but not close enough. This is the type of thing I look for (I do need to get out more!!) the container is in my left hand and my GPS in the other, there is a tiny rolled up log book in the shiny container which I signed and dated, then I log it on the site when I get home to prove I found it. This IS a small container and there are a lot of the little blighters in the town and surrounding area. The containers can be this small and believe it or not we have found smaller ones, the largest we have found was a box approximatley 18"x18" and we had to go back twice before we found that one ! At the moment there are 1,268,483 in the world.........so I have a good few to find yet! We got home before the sleet/snow started, the river Ayr is minus it's coat of ice,although the ice



slabs are still along the edge of the river. The snow is back on I see, bit fat flakes! and I am wanting to go to the next town tomorrow for more geo hunts. Oh and can I just add? the can of lager you see in the hedge was already there! I thought at least hubby would have made sure that wasn't in the photograph!

5 comments:

  1. yey for the find! you'll be at 100 before you know it!! I'm planning a 5 mile round trip hike for tomorrow to find a cache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOOOO you are doing fantastic !!!! Hee hee I love the larger effect !!! Sorry whose did you say it was ????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya hun
    oh you are doing brill hun, sounds great fun, fabby piccies, bet you just drunk that can! lol, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This new hobby of yours sounds brilliant - getting lots of fresh air when it's oh so easy to stay tucked up indoors. Lovely to see such a great photo of you.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann,

    I just got caught up on reading your postings (since my surgery) You and Bill are having way too much fun doing the geocaching! But great exercise and you get to see the country side up and personal and I will bet it puts a rosy glow on those cheeks! Happy hunting!

    Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete