Friday, 2 July 2010

Birthday card


This was for our younger daughter who celebrated her birthday on Wednesday of this week, I had to wait until after her BD before putting it on my blog. Our older daughter celebrates her BD on Monday so her card will go up on Monday.
This emailing and blogging is such fun and there are many many kind folk out there whom I have never met, thanks go to Martha's husband Bill (USA) who has helped me put watermarks on to my cards I didn't know how to do it so he kindly sent me an email (or 2 even maybe 3!)with step by step instructions, I have never met Martha or Bill but it is fun emailing back and forth.
A few months ago I was able to watermark a different way but goodness knows what I did with that one but it wouldn't work any more. Hopefully I have the hang of this one, the instructions will stay next to the laptop until I fully understand and can do the watermaking without looking at the email lol (Just realised this is the card I made for one of my cousins to give to my daughter, I will need to look for the other ones)

Thanks again Bill your a star.

4 comments:

  1. now can you tell me how to do it??? LOL
    nice to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, Great card and you are doing a terrific job on the watermark. Now I need to learn how to do it myself and I have Bill right here to help me through it! Yippee! Hope your weekend is special. We have our son and his family here for the July 4th holiday! Bummer I have this cold!

    Love and kudos! Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann,
    It was so nice to meet you on my blog (Myrna Writes). You said you have been to Marina del Rey, well I have been to Scotland. It was several years ago, attached to a trip to England. My husband's grandmother was from Glasgow, and he has family still there. We stayed at a lovely estate on the battlefield of Coloden, and travelled all around Scotland. It's a lovely country.

    It is fun to see all the crafters out there. We moved from a large home with a studio for me to be creative, to a smaller place that doesn't have any extra place. I still "play around" but it isn't the same. So, it's nice to meet you and look at your blog, and I hope we will follow each other.

    ReplyDelete