Thursday, 1 April 2010

Going daft with easle cards!


I thought I would play around with the easle card tonight, I tried making the top layer a couple of inches longer and scored it so that it folds back and rests against the back of the card rather than putting a bead/button/flower on the front to stop the card falling flat.
I used dark brown card left over from my days as a CM agent I keep forgetting I have scrapbook things in my holdall from those days.

The border is a lovely shade of peach punched with a Martha Stewart from Martha in MN who sent me over loads of different colour and designs, I really must start buying some of MS punches as they are lovely, but not too sure if I could punch them out as nicely as Martha has! I had a quick look online tonight to see what was available. I trimmed a length of border for two sides of the top layer of card, added a brown/peach flower from my stash, the flower tones are just right for the colours of the border and card stock. I added another peach design border to the very top and a plain peach strip behind the scalloped edging on the base of the card at the front,. then I punched out a couple of flowers one in the cardstock colour and another in peach along with a gold sentiment.

3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE ROCKIN' ANNIE! A clever girl you are tweaking the design and placement and such. I love the one corner layout and the MS floral garden is spectacular isn't it. I just got a new one today that Michael's had on sale. It is the "traditional eyelet" border that has 4 tear shapes pointing at each other with the scalloped edge. It is simple but will be very useful as it isn't too big and won't over power anything. I have 10 little Easter stamps for my grand daughters to have fun with this weekend...Easter basket, bunnies, chicks, and patterned Easter eggs and words like "spring", "Happy Easter", etc. I will post some of their projects. Happy Easter Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the peach and brown of this one Ann. Great colour combination. Super design too. I'm sending you a link for a MS punches by e mail.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete