


As they are starting on the new fitted kitchen tomorrow, I have emptied cupboards and cleared everything out of the room, our poor dog is wondering what is going on..........although she has managed to sniff out where her biscuits are. The plumber was here this afternoon, so thats the gas hob disconnected, thanks goodness we still had the oven (at least for tonight) after tomorrow it will be the microwave for us for a week or so. Cannot use the kitchen sink as that is disconnect now, but have been assured by the plumber as we have a combi boiler we can use the water in the bathrooms safely, so the washing up bowl is in the bath........now how primitive is that? lol A few more photographs of Madeira. The fillet steak one was superb, we went along to the Kon Tiki restaurant in Funchal where you cook your own fillet steak on a very very hot lava stone, this was good fun, I did wonder why the waiter (in his tartan waistcoat) brought out and tied around our necks red "bibs", this was to save our clothes from splashes, if you ever go to Madeira go along to this restaurant well worth it, at another restaurant later in the week we saw a "copy" of this done with other diners but I must admit not a patch on Kon Tiki restaurant.
This time last week I was dragged on to my feet to perform a folk dance in the hotel bar.............. there I was sitting there quietly with my hubby minding my own business when one of the male dancers came up to me and took my hand! I needed my drink when I was finished I can tell you lol
Lucky you - a new kitchen. Something I'd really love. Meant to tell you I had a good look at your piccies on the web site. They are lovely. Such a great way to keep your memories of the holiday alive.
ReplyDeleteBeryl xx