Sunday, 1 November 2015

Geocaching in the sun

We went to Dean Park in Kilmarnock today, the sun was shining lovely and bright and all the lovely autumn colours in the wood. Beautiful and very busy, lots of folk making the most of this sunny 1st November.  Lots of different breeds of dogs enjoying their walks through the woods and even a Shetland pony being ridden by a little girl of 4 years (she proudly told me that and also her name, bless) being lead by her parents.

The leaves were fluttering down from the trees like snow, really a beautiful setting.
We had been here before a number of weeks back to geocache, in the rain! we managed a few finds of caches that day in a series that another cacher had set within the park.

So as it was a lovely day I drag  suggest to hubby that we could go and try and get some more caches.
I am only at 455 finds and have been caching for about 5 years, but we are only really out geocaching in the autumn/winter when the B&B season is quiet, or if we happen to be out for the day somewhere different or on holiday, then out comes the phone just to check if there are any to find where we happen to be.

Altogether this morning we found 5, we were up slopes down slopes, along footpaths and through mud, but we had wellingtons on so that was ok.  And to say it was busy in the park it was quiet for our searching of the caches. We certainly saw a lot of the park today.

We stopped to talk to the 2 donkeys in their enclosure/field, but they were too busy munching on the hay in their field to bother holding a conversation with us! cute animals.   (Zoe if you read this, I thought of you :-) and also I thought of Frank when we met the Shetland pony, we all know what he called them don't we?)         ;-)

Then it was time for coffee after the fifth find, we saw the deer in their enclosure on route to the coffee shop, and horses in the fields with their coats on.


5 comments:

  1. When I was a wee laddie way back in the 1940's, I used to sit there on a Saturday by our little green Bakelite radio waiting for Children's Hour with our much loved, Larry the Lamb. Before it started we would have to endure endless Football scores. "Partick Thistle 0, Heart of Midlothian 4. Kilmarnock 2,....." and so on...and so on.
    I often wondered if these were actually real places?
    Perhaps one day I'll go in search of Cowdenbeath and Partick Thistle now that I know there is a real place called 'Kilmarnock'. ; - )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all real places Bernard. We used to live in Kilmarnock when we were first married. Hubby has supported Kilmarnock football team since he was a wee boy. Although if you ask him if he is a football fan he will say "No, I support Kilmarnock!" ;-). It certainly was a lovely park to walk around in the sunshine today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank has moved on to new humans. He is doing very well at dressage at now, I don't suppose he is impressed with the having to be clean all the time though. And yes I do remember what he called Shetland ponies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did often wonder what happened to Frank, now I know. Thank goodness he is doing well, well that is a surprise Frank doing dressage, wow good for you Frank.

      Delete
  4. May have to add Kilmarnock to our caching list; sounds like a nice park.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete