Slightly cooled and scored.
Now, my husband does not have a sweet tooth at all, ok I can easily make up for that. But and a big but!! this tablet has 3 cups of sugar 2 oz of butter and a cup of full fat milk in the recipe and he loves tablet. It is very sweet, so not any use to you if you are on a diet ;-) but ooooooh it is very nice.
|
I keep searching your pictures for that elusive glass of wine! You obviously don't keep up with Keith Floyd or I, with our wee 'slurps' as we cook? When I read about 3 cups of sugar, 2oz of butter and full fat milk - I think I must be living on a different planet.
ReplyDeleteAll these things and many, many more (bread, butter, cakes, sweets, pasta etc.) have not seen the light of day in my house for over twenty years - and I still can't lose an inch off my waist. :-(
Bernard, it usually sat watching a DVD or the likes when the wine is opened, and that is usually at a weekend. Although we both did a driathalon for September for charity, no alcohol at all that month.
DeleteIn all our visits to Scotland, I have never tried Scottish tablet. Must remedy that problem this summer!
ReplyDeleteRita
Rita
DeleteI will make sure I have some made for you :-)
Human loves Scottish tablet. Her Scottish Granny used to make it for her when she was a foal. I think you might have inspired human to make some, she's not made it for many years so goodness knows what it will turn out like.
ReplyDeleteOoooh it is yummy but oh so fattening. Gave some away with B&B guests when they left this morning. Less for us to eat ;-). Just had a piece with our afternoon coffee, but we have been working in the garden so hopefully the metabilism will still be working and the calories will not go onto my hips! ;-)
Delete