Sunday, 8 November 2015
Homemade yoghurt
This the result of my first attempt at making yoghurt from scratch.
Tastes just the same to the yoghurt we usually buy, which is in powder form. With the powder type I add cold water to it, shake it and pop it into the yoghurt flask, which has been filled with boiling water.
"My" yoghurt is made with full fat milk, a spoonful of dried milk and 2 1/2 oz of the original yoghurt as the starter.
I cannot believe how easy it was to make!
It really does taste the same, we just added a spoonful of honey to each serving, just the same as we do with the powdered form. This is unsweetened, same as the one I used before, and has all the good bacteria, same as before.
As we do not have an airing cupboard I did wonder where I could stand it to ferment, then I thought about the cupboard that houses the combi boiler in the kitchen, there is a shelf in the cupboard, so the flask with the yoghurt in was wrapped up cosily in a hand towel and placed in the cupboard for about 6 hours. After the time was up I lifted it up and could feel it was heavy so I guessed it had worked, I left it out on the work surface to cool slightly, then put it into the fridge to set. I will make this again for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment