About 2 weeks before christmas we decided, as you do! to decorate our hall The joiner came and put in nice deep skirting boards and new door frames. The old skirting boards were just normal depth so this time we decided to go for higher boards with a ridge and the door frames match.
Then of course we needed to decorate, now as my husband has had 3 eye operations on the same eye in 2014 ! I said I would do all the wallpaper hanging, so to make it easier for me we chose a plain paper but with sparkles all over the paper, no matching, result. When the lamp or the overhead light is on you can see a nice sparkle throughout the paper. Here are during revamp and after photographs.
 |
| Obviously during.. |

|
| Towards the front door, the bell on the top left is waiting to be replaced, so it is just hanging there. |
 |
| From the front door to the kitchen door. |
 |
Looking towards the stairs leading to the loft conversion. We decided on a border to separate the upstair paper from the new hall sparkly paper.
A month or so ago I decided to recover a foot stool. Here it is before.

After, you can just make out the red cord around the middle.

Then I got the knitting needles out and made a baby blanket, this was wool I had never seen before, Rico Pompon. Now this wool knits up very very quickly, super fast and soft. I still have the ends to fasten off, that is little Scottie dog motif to stick onto the blanket, but I am not sure where the colour would run when the blanket has to be washed. Do you see the wool the way it is made? you knit on the strands between the bobbles.

A scarf I finished last night, which still has the ends to be finished, this took a matter of hours to knit up.

|
You have been busy. Love the way that new wool knits up!
ReplyDeleteMy human does that knitting stuff. Something popped up on her fb that said knitting burns 80cals an hour. Bonus.
ReplyDeleteShe has just finished a scarf, mits and a hat for her great neice who oddly is in Scotland as I type. Dunoon area she is.
Someone on Shetland knitted jumpers for Shetland ponies, I asked human if I could have one but she said no. Meanie. I think I'd look good in one.
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/80/590x/Dancing-shetland-pony-tv--445884.jpg
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI found you through BNOTP. When I saw that you are in Scotland, I had to come see your blog. As the another poster said, you have been busy! I too am working on my hand work (crocheting) and getting a lot done. Winter is the perfect time for such projects.
Your new wall paper looks nice! I haven't done any wallpapering in many years and have been thinking about doing some. You mentioned a 'joiner.' I was wondering what that is. Is it what we Americans would call a carpenter, do you know? And I really like your foot stool make over. I love plaid.
I recently saw the loveliest program about large manor homes in Scotland. One was restored under the direction of Prince Charles. And another one, I believe it's called, Inverary, is a lovely place manned by the current Duke and Dutchess who seemed to be lovely, down to earth people who take their responsibility very seriously. We have a Scottish ancestry and are interested in all things Scottish and hope to get to visit some day. I even joined a Scottish Penpals site but nobody ever wrote to me, lol.
That is what is wonderful about blogland. You can 'meet' nice people from all over the world. Take care. ~~ Pam
Hello Pam, How lovely to have someone visit my blog! Not many people drop by. And yes a joiner is indeed a carpenter. And as for the house you mention, that will be Dumfries House (pronounced Dumfreez) in Ayrshire, we live in Ayrshire and pass the gates to the house on our way to visit our daughter in England. Thank you for your kind comments on my projects, I am in the midsts of more with my husband, which I hope to put up on my blog. I love visiting different blogs and BNOTP is one of my favourites. Many thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeletePs Pam if you read this, I will be your penpal 😃
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, you live right by the castle?!! That is wonderful and so hard for me to imagine, lol. Castles are the stuff of fantasy, where I come from. I must say though, that watching that program (or should I say, programme) ;) gave me the longest look I've ever had at Prince Charles and he seemed to be a genuinely lovely man. And of course his accent is so nice. We Americans don't have very nice accents. Although, I heard something interesting lately ... I heard that the English used to have accents just like ours and that after our Revolutionary War, the English CHANGED their accents. Do you know if that's true? It would make a bit of sense to me because I always wondered why we didn't have an accent a bit more like one of those (like the Australians do). At any rate, I was very surprised to hear that but I don't know how that info could be verified.
ReplyDeleteYou know, Susan over at BNOTP gets visitors from Italy, Switerzland, Australia and now I know Scotland, as well. It AMAZES me and I think it's so nice. I stumbled across her blog a couple of years ago and have been hooked ever since. I later learned there is a whole lot of these lovely life style and design blogs out there. I had been missing out, lol.
That's a very kind offer to be my penpal, Ann. :D I'll see if I can find your contact info and email you.
Take care! And that's for explaining what a joiner is.
Pam i am trying to moderate my blog for now so we can exchange emails withhout them going onto the blog. Just looking at my laptop
ReplyDeletePam ok we have just tested it on my blog, I have it set for now to Moderate Comments before I say yes or no as to whether it goes on my blog. If you would leave a comment with your email address I will take a note of it then delete it, I will not obviously put it onto my blog. Hope I have made sense.
ReplyDeleteThat all looks lovely and fresh. Love the scarves too, especially the white one.
ReplyDeleteNice tartan stool too. We used to call them 'pouffes'. Hee hee. Actually we pronounced it 'poofy'.
Yes Foody I call it by that name as well lol. But I did wonder if my blog friends from overseas would wonder what I was talking about. Lol
ReplyDelete