Monday, 15 September 2014

Old romantic cars

The other weekend in Ayr on the Low Green there was a show of classic cars, so after our Saturday morning coffee we strolled along the sea front to see what was there.
There were the usual side shows and entertainment for the children and then we spied these lovely cars, these are just a few of the ones I took photographs of with my phone.



What a lovely romantic looking car.
It had a picnic hamper on the back seat, you can just imagine in the days of proper picnics, ladies in their finery sitting on a rug sipping champagne eating their picnic.
Then I walked around to the front of the car and spotted the small box on the front underneath the radiator!
can you see it?
The label on the box read that it contained 2 dead rattlesnakes that were found in the car!!!!!!
I left sharply (wimp) and looked at other cars.

                                         

Now I am showing my age here! I remember these cars above. 


4 comments:

  1. I don't know much about cars but these look nice. All very well kept. It's a bit gruesome about the rattlesnakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely classic cars... yes, I remember some of them. Wasn't the upholstery wonderful in those days? I know .. I should rave more about the bodywork and engines!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann...thanks for stopping by my blog to see pictures of our Barbie Doll party....it was as fun as it looked...I love this post of yours with the old car show...Nice to see they have these everywhere! We go all the time when they have shows here in Atlanta. We love old cars and new ones too....we own 8 !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. was this during the Air Show? I seem to remember some being there then cos Bob took pictures of them,

    ReplyDelete