Sunday, 31 August 2014

Homemade bread rolls.





I have been making rolls in the bread machine for a few weeks now, and we are enjoying eating them and knowing exactly what has gone in to them.  Our house doesn't have an airing cupboard so I was stuck for somewhere really warm to help the rolls rise once shaped and out of the machine, then I had a eureka moment! the car which was sitting in the sun, so that has become the airing cupboard during the summer for the rolls .









Just out of the bread machine




My version of shaped! ;-)

In to the back seat of the car covered with a clean tea towel.

An hour later out of the car and risen.






                                                     Nice and brown fresh from the oven
                         

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am dribbling hun, I can almost smell those fresh rolls! If I bring the butter, will you save me one (or two)?! Hugs, Hungry Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann: Oh, what a good idea! I've been turning the oil boiler on and sitting my dough on top of it. Your idea will save me spending on expensive oil. How tasty and well risen they look too.
    Tell me, Ann, or maybe you already have except I haven't looked at my comments yet, does your bread machine give loaves a hole up the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fabulous! Wish I was nearby so I could invite myself over to have one :)

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I just wanted to say Hello. Sorry you haven't blogged for a while. I got myself a breadmaker recently so maybe I will blog about it too.
    By the way, did you know I had to change my email in May? I couldn't even access my contacts so I could let people know. My new email is my surname followed by my Christian name, no gaps. all lower case. And after that it's @aol.co.uk It looks odd with the two letters the same next to each other in the middle but it is right.
    I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete