Friday, 11 May 2012
What is this all about?
What has happened to blogger land?
When did this all change?
I cannot see how to post, okay I must be able to see how to do it as that is what I am doing now! But this is all different. Hmmmmmmmm why do they have to change things?
We had solar panels installed last week on our south facing roof, it was a beautiful day for that being done. We have decided to have some put on our east facing roof as there it gets the sun as well.
Now! I am just waiting for Bernard to read this. :-). And comment on sun/Scotland/solar panels !
Over to you Bernard. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know! There used to be an invitation to try the new interface, which I tried and hated. But now they are just imposing it on us. I hate it. It's very hard to find things. Thye are all hidden under buttons with names which give no indication of what is in them. I wanted to go to my list of blogs which I follow and found it under 'my blogs'. But they are not my blogs, they are other people's blogs, so I sent feedback and moaned. I think I did a Monday Moans post on the new blogger style. Every time I can't see how to do something, I send feedback. I think I have moaned at them about 6 times now about different things and I will keep doing it.
ReplyDeleteWe'll see if B comments. Bet he does. Good on you, gettng solar panels. Will you keep records and work out how much you save? I woudn't mind some but the cost puts me off.
Lots of people around us are getting them too and if ever there was acountry that should use all the sun it gets it's Australia. We're looking into it but I'm not sure as the cost would be the same as an overseas holiday and I know which one I'd prefer !!
ReplyDeleteCheers
PS. For Bernard: It hardly rained at all when we visited Scotland. Loved it !!!!
Hi, Ann! I love old blogger interface too :o) It`s more clear than a new one! Why they want change it? Well done on your solar panel :o)
ReplyDeleteHave a sweet weekend
love
Natasha
Hi Ann,
ReplyDeleteI think our blog system is still the same, but honestly I have not posted anything since just before my shoulder replacement in Jan. I understand that they keep changing things so they make it cheaper to operate and make more money for the owners, to keep us off balance, and somebody thinks they are smart reinventing the wheel. My motto is, " I it ain't broke, don't fix it! "
Let me know how the solar panels work and if they save you any money. We are having a big confrontation between the greenies and those who aren't and our government has thrown away billions of dollars down the solar panel waste pit with nothing to show for it. I have many passionate feelings against big government and our present President. He is not a leader, is dividing our country and wanting to make everyone depend on the government for everything. It is so sad.
Hope all is well with you.
Love and hugs, Martha
Ha,ha! I mustn't let you all down then. :)
ReplyDeleteYou don't all really want to know what I think, do you? Don't forget that I'm a retired engineer and that I would dig deep into all the proposed savings that are claimed.
I won't joke Ann because spending all this money is serious stuff.
I have looked at all the things on offer and have come to the conclusion that if I do not expect to live in the same house, (or even live that long in several cases) within the payback period, I would not consider it a good way to spend my meagre pension.
Of course there are advantages of comfort, like draught exclusion but overall I shall remain as I am. The data I got from the web on ‘Payback’ time in years is :-
Hot water tank lagging - 0.5 (ie 6 months)
Cavity wall insulation - 2.6 years.
Loft insulation - 2.7 years.
Draught proofing - 4.3 years.
New A rated boiler - 8.9 years.
Windmill on the roof - 10.5 years.
Solar panels - 46.4 years.
Double glazing - 97.6 years.
I did consider a new boiler, but it would take nearly nine years to break even, and I am hoping to downsize to a smaller pad pretty soon.
Hope it all proves to be suitable for you, after all, all our circumstances and situations are very different.
Love and hugs from me too...B. xx