Sunday, 13 May 2012

Brrrrrrr

The weather is like a baby today.............wet and windy!
Out this morning before the rain came on and grabbed a Geocaching Challenge, then a drive to the harbour and sea front looking for something to complete another challenge, but too cold to get out of the car, the sand was blowing along the sea front, so we decided not to get out as we didn't fancy sand in our eyes!  so as we didn't spy the item needed for the other challenge we just came home.

As we were pulling out of the car park after the first challenge I spied an Eddie Stobbart lorry, we don't often see them in these parts, so I just had to give him a wave as I do this when we see them on the motorways as we go down to England, after watching the series on tv about the company I now look for the girls names on the cabs and give a wave as the drivers will, if safe to do so return the wave........................hmmmmmmmm   I need to get out more!

                                                        
                                                                    "Tae a moose"
                                                       




This photograph of the mouse is somewhere else on my blog, but he now has company, as in the past few weeks they have erected a fox at the opposite end of the walk way.  Apparently Robert Burns wrote a poem about a fox, I knew he wrote "Tae a moose"    that's the Scottish for mouse and not the big beast moose found in USA Canada etc, but I don't know about the fox poem so I will need to look that one up.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Ann! Lovely pictures :o) Hope you have by now a sunny weather
    Wish you a sunny and warm week
    love
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those sculptures. I didn't know he wrote a poem about a fox either. Must look it up too.
    I like watching Stobart on telly too. Can you remember the name you saw on the truck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit away so I didn't see the name, but I look when we are on the motorway. How sad is that lol?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete