My olive tree that I stand out under the car port through the day facing south then it comes in late afternoon. I got this as a BD present from my two daughters and their husbands and little girls. I have never had an olive tree so I am hoping I can continue to keep it. There are now lots of new pale green shoots/leaves appearing. Once all risk of frost is away hopefully it will sit out in the back garden until the winter. Then another photo is of the chicken pie I made from the Jamie Oliver book I got in my christmas stocking, it was lovely, the big flask you see behind the pie contains the Easiyo yogurt which was being made that day, I make it all the time.
The other photograph is of the fruit steeping in white rum so that later on, maybe Monday evening, to be made into a cake for our wedding anniversary in June. It has had some more rum added to it today. I bought a lovely baking book the other day, one of the cakes in it is one I would like to make for our Ruby. I am on the lookout for red wired ribbon, non in a material shop this morning, but will try another shop next week, I want to make flowers with it.
Fingers crossed.
Hi Ann,
ReplyDeleteYour Chicken Pot Pie looks yummy. My daughter got the new Jamie Oliver cookbook from my son for Christmas and loves it. Jamie is so talented and I like what he is doing for the fat people of America, trying to teach them to eat healthy, fresh foods and not processed. He had a reality show last year where he went into the schools in a town where the over weight population had the highest death rate in the country. He first showed the cooks in the school kitchens how to make better food using fresh and they had to change out their buying practices and not buy processed for the whole school district. It was an amazing program and he is back next week to go to a major city in New York and try again in a bigger city. SOOO many people are obese and yet starving for nutrients. It is a shame they don't make better choices. You have done some good cooking here!
Love and blessings, Martha