Sunday, 14 November 2010

Christmas cake


It is a couple of years or so since I have made a Christmas cake. I decided this year to make one albeit a smaller one to I normally make.

I have just looked at it after it has been maturing for a few weeks. I don't normally leave the fruit to soak in the "booze" for as long as I did this year, but hey we can get drunk on a slice in the festive season !
This is it, I wrapped it in parchment paper then tin foil, you can see bits of the moist cake that has marked parts of the paper.

It smells lovely AND I resisted the temptation to add more liquor to it, I feel it is moist enough.

3 comments:

  1. Ann,

    It looks just YUMMY! I will be right over for a drink...I mean a slice! LOL!
    Check my blog and see my Winter Wonderland from yesterday. Beth took the pictures and it is still everywhere. Lots of broken limbs around town because it was a wet and heavy snow. It is supposed to be 40's this week and will probably melt. But more will come!

    Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nicer than mine, which I burnt this year. 'Feeding' it does soften it. Doesn't it smell great at this stage?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Ann. It will be even better when it's smothered in marzipan and icing.Making me feel quite peckish now.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete