Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Completely frozen over river Ayr





These were taken this morning out a walk with the dog. The cranes in the background are where they are building the new university. I have never seen the river like this before.

7 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, but scarey too

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look scarey, so much so that a woman,s body was found in the river last week, apparently she lived round the corner from us, so tragic.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing piccies. The wording came up before the piccies and I was looking for cranes (the birds) lol. What a div I am.
    Loos more cold than spooky to me. Don't go trying to skate on it now - will you.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    Was just having a quick search to see if my home town river had frozen over yet and was delighted to come across your pictures!

    I was told stories by my grandfather about curling and skating on the River Ayr in 1963, if this weather keeps up I might have to come home for a skate on the river.

    Would love to see more pics if it remains frozen for the coming week.

    Thanks and all the best.

    Jeffrey Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandfather used to curl on the river Ayr at Stair, there is no way I would venture anywhere near the river lol so so dangerous even though it looks wonderful in the snow. I will try and take more photographs tomorrow if I can from a different angle.
    thanks for nice comments all
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeffrey there is a good chance it will be like this next week I think! grrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne
    bet you have got some stunning piccies from there, you keep safe & warm hun, sue,.x

    ReplyDelete