We went along to Adamton Estate, which at one point was a large hotel and a number of years ago they held Medieval Banquets. But it is all closed up when we later drove past the main entrance, which had boards across where the main gates would have stood. Such a shame as it sits in large grounds and woods close by. We did see a light on in one of the rooms, so someone must still live there. This is where we went looking for the cache.
| Adamton House with floodlit tennis courts. |
The coordinates took us into the woods and said to look out for a bunker, now I admit when I read bunker I was thinking golf, but we knew there were no golf courses in this area, lo and behold it was an actual war bunker, covered in grass and boarded up. But this was where the cache was, my iPhone and the GPS hubby was using took us straight to it. We did wonder when we read that it was a magnetic nano and thought how on earth would a cache on this bunker be attached by a magnetic container, up goes hubby on the slight slope to the bunker.
| An old bunker hidden in the woods, a micro geocache is hidden here. |
Then he spies the nano which was attached to a small piece of rust coloured iron. A micro is about the size of a thumb nail. So think "looking for a needle in a haystack!" but we got it. This is the metal the micro was attached to by a magnet, unfortunately the micro cannot be seen in the photograph, but it is there. You had to be really careful replacing it as it could have fallen into the bunker.
| I signed the tiny log inside the container and hubby replaced it. |
| Me pointing to where we had replaced it back onto the small piece of piping on top of the bunker. |
The last person to look had to log as a DNF (did not find) so we were not too hopeful at finding it. It is hanging from a tree and well camouflaged, the description said.
We searched and searched to no avail, we then re read the previous logs on the GPS and phone, ah ha someone had written "don't bother with the dead trees" so ignoring those we searched the ones that still had leaves on, we had already searched the trees in the photograph above, but armed with this new information we continue to look at the others. I stand at one tree on one side of it and hubby on the other when we both say at the exact same time "I see it". That was a first for us both to say that at the same time.
This is the cache in the photo below, a 35mm film container inside the camouflaged, I think the container was back in the bag at this point after signing the log inside.
| There it is, back in it's hanging space with lots of twisted branches in front of it, so it is well an truly hidden. |
| An old British telephone box. Not too many of these about nowadays. |
What a fabulous human stable. I'm sure my human would love to live in a stable like that. I'm pleased you get lots of turnout time. It's not good for horses or humans to spend too long in their stables.
ReplyDelete