Wednesday, 21 November 2012

New phone and A laugh

I got a new phone yesterday,   An iphone 5, obviously this is all new to me and as it has Siri, which I had no idea what that was about as I had never even heard of it we thought we would have a try at using it.   Apparently you ask it a question for eg Where is the nearest restaurant, and it will list the ones nearest to where you are.

 For a bit of fun DH asked where the nearest Bed & Breakfast was,  now as you know (or may not know) we have a small B&B.   Back came the answer, The nearest NUDIST Bed & Breakfast are......... Then it listed 3............. No, we were not one of them lol and we assume it was the Scottish accent  that confused Siri     At least I hope that was the reason lol. Gave us a good laugh anyway.

7 comments:

  1. You're not a nudist B+B? I was coming to stay and I like to be out naked. Human prefers to stay clothed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Och, were is tha nurest B&B, tha noo?
    Does it ha a loose moose about tha hoose!"

    I hope you don't mind us English having a wee bit of fun - tha noo?
    All in fun. Cheers....B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol not at all Bernard. The lums reeking, the peats in for the fires, and the spirtles in the porrige, x

      Delete
  3. There were three listed?! I'm just intrigued to know where they actually were! No, I am not thinking of going to one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol they picked up the query wrong as hubbies Scottish accent threw them. At least we think thats what happened lol

      Delete
  4. The iPhone 5 is an incredibly well built unit with built in intelligence. Not only does Siri tell you what you ask, BUT it will also sense WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO ASK!
    Looks like you guys are off on a holiday,... and you don't have to pack much at all!
    Not that I would know from personal experience or anything:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just discovered your blog via a comment your left on my daughter's blog "Finding Grant"...her story of their adoption from Kazakhstan. Any way, I clicked over here to take a look, and had to comment on your Siri experience. I am in the US, but when I first got my phone with Siri, I looked on YouTube for some reason and there is a hilarious clip of a young gentleman from Scotland trying to use Siri! Yes, Siri is definitely thrown by a Scottish accent, and the clip is so funny, and the young man is just charmingly patient! Anyway, I'm glad I found your blog, and will be back to visit again. I have currently shut down my own blog, but am thinking of resurrecting it!

    ReplyDelete