Looking out of our lounge window this evening I noticed the sky darkening a little way off as if it was raining in the distance. The sun was setting and the trees we can see out of our north facing window were a beautiful colour with the light coming from the west shining onto them.
We got the zoom lens out and put it onto the camera to see if I could snap a few photographs and miss out the traffic on the road at the same time.
These are what I came up with. Straight ahead are the trees that edge the river Ayr which is just a short stroll from our house. I have tried to miss out as much of the surrounding house roofs as possible, but there are a couple of lamp posts in the photographs and the edge of the window, but never mind, you get my drift!
Then looking slightly east we can see the darkened sky and the colours from other trees.

The shadow is a conifer in our front garden in this photograph.

Zooming in to the trees in the north, which is a close up of the top photograph.

The colours are just beautiful. We will need to take a walk along the river side this week, I love walking through all the fallen leaves.

Another from the north facing window.
Stunning colours! I love those steely skies, not to mention the trees.
ReplyDeleteLove the "glowing" trees against the dark sky! nice photos
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I know human will be very envious when she sees the view you have.
ReplyDelete