I have spent this morning decorating the cake for our Ruby anniversary a week on Sunday. I made everything on it except the bead decoration in the middle. The red sugar paste was already coloured, I bought a nice little Gerba cutter for the flowers which is so easy to use, they are 3D in real life but don't look it in the photographs. I crimped the top edges of the cake and the fondant on the icing board, which you cannot really see in the photographs. Okay if you look really close up there are a few imperfections but then again I am not a cake decorater but it is something I would love to learn to do properly, maybe sometime I will see if there are evening classes. Pouring with rain here in Ayr, we had hail stones late yesterday afternoon, I thought it said June on the calendar!!! I think I will bake as it is rotten weather.
Hi hun
ReplyDeletecongratulations on your Ruby Wedding Anniversary, a beautiful cake, thank you so much for the donation hun, very much appreciated, hugs,have lovely weekend, sue,x
Wow!! It looks great!! I'm impressed.
ReplyDeleteHello Ann,
ReplyDeleteYour cake is fantastic looking and I'll bet tastes even better! Congrats! I used to make cakes for people. I took the basic Wilton Cake Decorating class, and then the Advanced class. I absolutely LOVED it and have more than 20 different shaped pans for them. I have always had really encouraging comments about my cakes (how pretty and how good they tasted and how moist). Some were for weddings (which I always do NOT like doing because it is the brides special day and I always worried I would mess up or something!)I think the recipe I use for the cakes was Betty Crocker Super Moist boxed cake mixes, then a crumb coating that you let dry, and then you can do the fluffy frosting (baker's frosting, cream cheese frosting, French butter cream, and meringue, or a fondant, etc.)I have lots of tips and bags and got my Kitchen Aid electric stand mixer for mixing the frosting. I love that mixer and it mixes bread dough too. We love making our own pizza dough for homemade pizza. It has been a tradition in our family for years.
Have a wonderful Father's Day today
with Bill.
Love and blessings, Martha
Congratulations, and waht a stunning cake. Can we see it when it is cut, to get a view of all the lovely inside?
ReplyDelete