Sunday, 17 January 2016

Burns in the snow



The snow landed in Ayr yesterday, unusual for us I supposed having salt air.  But snow we got, so after morning coffee in town today we took a run out to Alloway as we wanted to take some photographs for a challenge that our son in law has set up online, so this weeks challenge is a photograph of a pet or if no pets, then any animal.  Hubby thought for a bit of fun he would take a photograph of a huge mouse statue along Poets Walk, okay we know that isn't real but he is going to submit that as his entry, I just need to get out and about to see what animal I can find, Zoe are you available? ;-)

The following photographs are the ones I took today along Poets Walk, dedicated to Robert Burns.  As we drove past Burns cottage on our way there we noticed a large red "ribbon" on the roof of the cottage, I am sure we have past by there recently and didn't notice it! I am assuming it was for christmas, but then again it could be for Burns Night which is 25 January as that was his birthday.


Burns cottage all wrapped up, doesn't it look pretty?

Posts along Poets Walk depicting some of Burns poems

This one is depicting Tam O'Shanter poem, with the witch pulling the horse's tail off as he rides over the Brig O'Doon
which is nearby.  Zoe, it is just a dream Tam is having!

Looking along Poets Walk with the black posts on the left.

These are a couple of seats with a lidded box in-between.
A sign on the front lets you know it is a book bank. I did think it was for litter, but thought it strange to have the litter bin in-between seats.

Of course I had to be nosey! and we had a look inside, sure enough plenty of books.
I did think they would all be Burns related as this is situated along the walk.  I was wrong!







2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I'll take that pretty Burns cottage as a gift anytime!!

    Great photos!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always available for you Ann. Isn't there a Burns poem about a mouse?

    ReplyDelete